On 12th December 1934, the Technical Department of the Government Office in Gdynia issued a building permit for the tenement house in Kamienna Góra's 27 Sienkiewicza Street. It was designed by a graduate of the Faculty of Architecture at the Lviv Polytechnic (1922) Stanisław Ziółkowski and Jan Mieszczanowski, an appraiser for the Gdynia port, was the investor.
The building was finished in August 1935, and the construction works were supervised by the architect.
A detached, four-storey villa was built. It was situated on a vast, terracing down plot of land which stretched to the edge of the cliff.
Its name – Ala – is connected with Jan’s daughter, Alina Mieszczanowska, who studied at the Jagiellonian University at that time.
The fragmented body of the building with a flat roof and asymmetrical interpenetrating elements of different sizes are the villa’s elements typical of expressionist functionalism. The irregularly divided elevations of the building are geometrically accentuated with the horizontal lines of the roof terrace, balconies – one with a cuboid end facing the garden and the other streamlined one, which connects the two surfaces of the front elevation with the vertical arcades. One of the balconies faces the garden while the other one the entrance.
The villa has several kinds of windows. On the front elevation, there are large horizontal rectangular ones. They are divided into 8 lights. The small windows with a single surround mark the staircase’s location. On the north side, there are small, single, rectangular windows gathered in horizontal and vertical lines. On the first floor of the south elevation, there is a striking glazing of a winter garden with the view of the sea. The window is divided into 24 lights.
The villa was built of ceramic bricks and its elevations were finished with a thick layer of cement-lime plaster with an addition of mica. The ground floor is decorated with subtle, oblique cuts in the plaster which form a checked pattern. Below the vertical live of windows on the front elevation, you can still see the old inscription ALA.
The villa was surrounded with a garden with landscape architecture elements – the stairs connecting the different levels and the retaining walls with a small pool in the east elevation’s axis.
On the street side, there is a fencing which consists of brick columns and segmental mesh.
The building still has the original front single wooden door with a rectangular spy-hole and a brass handle.
The original light-grey terrazzo floor in the staircase, on the storeys above ground floor, was preserved. It has pewter frames on the landings. The stairs with a solid, brick balustrade and a wooden bent handrail are original too.
On the north elevation, there is a pre-war flagpole and insulators. Over the entrance arcade, there is a metal illuminated address lantern.