He was born in Warsaw in 1879. He began his architectural studies at the Warsaw University of Technology which he left in 1905 and continued in Karlsruhe.
In his designs, he mainly referred to the manor architecture which was popular then (e.g. the train stations in Wilanów and Klarysew) and the historic styles (Female Students’ Dorm, Priests’ Retirement Home in Warsaw). Church designs in Warsaw and other regions were an important part of Jakimowicz’s work. He also designed residential and social housing buildings. In the late 20s, more modern forms were introduced into his designs, which you can see in the design of the Gdynia Bank Gospodarstwa Krajowego building.
Jakimowicz served many functions connected with architecture. Among others, he was the council architect and the head of the Construction Department in Warsaw, the department director in the Ministry of Public Works, the president of the Architects’ Club in Warsaw, a member of the Council at the Association of Polish Architects and a full-time architect employed by Bank Gospodarstwa Krajowego. He also worked for the Warsaw Reconstruction Office. In 1924, he was awarded the Knight’s Cross of Order of Polonia Restituta.
He died in 1960 in Warsaw and was buried in the Powązki cemetery.