Borowski was born on 25th February 1890 in Petersburg. In 1907, he began studies in its Institute of Civil Engineering. He was the co-founder of the Polish Architects’ Club in Petersburg.
From 1920, he designed workshops for the ammunition factory in Starachowice and housing developments for clerks and workers. Five years later, he returned to Vilnius, where he was hired by the Departments of Architectural History and Construction at the Vilnius University. He also researched medieval architecture in France and for this reason, he was sent to this country. He also worked at the Vilnius University’s Faculty of Fine Arts and Faculty of Construction at the State Technical School in Vilnius. He worked at universities and schools until 1945. He was a member of the Committee for Urban Planning in Vilnius.
Borowski designed many churches in the Vilnius region: among others, the ones in Naujoji Vilnia and Šalčininkai, as well as several schools and monuments. He also conducted restoration works in the Gate of Dawn in Vilnius as well as in the castles in Vilnius, Trakai and Kreva. In 1934, he was entrusted with the reconstruction of Józef Piłsudski’s estate in Zalavas, where the Museum of National Remembrance was supposed to be located.
After the war, Borowski left for Warsaw, where he worked as a restorer at the State Office for the Restoration of Architectural Monuments. He also worked on damage assessment in Wrocław. In October 1945, he moved to Gdańsk, where he also began working on its reconstruction. He looked for the dismantled elements of the interior fittings which were scattered around the entire Pomerania by Germans and secured the key Gdańsk monuments. He began working at the Gdańsk University of Technology as the head of the Department of the History of General Architecture at the Faculty of Architecture. He taught architectural history and then restoration of monuments. Borowski was also a lecturer at the State School of Fine Arts in Gdańsk. In 1946, he became the first Voivodeship Monument Conservator after World War II. The first post-war register of historic monuments of Gdańsk and the Voivodeship was prepared by him. He also designed new churches, among others the Sacred Heart of Jesus Church in Gdynia (Kościół Najświętszego Serca Pana Jezusa), which he co-designed with Leopold Taraszkiewicz.
He died on 25th October 1966 in Gdańsk.