The architect of a Jewish descent, née Goldstein, was born on 26th March 1899 in Przemyśl. In 1925, she graduated from the Faculty of Architecture at the Lviv Polytechnic. In 1925, she worked for J. Awin MSc’s design company in Lviv and then (1927–1929), together with her husband, Oswald Eryk Unger (also a graduate of the Lviv Polytechnic) and Edward Jakóbowicz they founded a design and construction company which operated in Lviv. After coming to Gdynia in 1929, they founded a technical and construction company which operated in the emerging city. Before the World War II they designed and built nearly 50 residential buildings, educational buildings (schools) and industrial facilities (in the port).
She designed the building in 24 Armi Krajowej Street as well as the ripening room, warehouse and office building in the port (together with Bronisław Wondrausch) for the “Bananas” Polish Fruit Industry Company. Together with Edward Jakóbowicz, she also designed the building for the port representatives of the Polish Consumers’ Cooperative “Społem”.
The Ungers lived in Gdynia, in a villa which they had designed for themselves. It was located in 6 Kapitańska Street. After 1945, she served as the head of the Design and Programming Unit and then the Unit of Single-family Buildings in the Housing Construction Institute. In 1964, she received the Knight's Cross of the Order of Polonia Restituta and in 1965, the Brown SARP Emblem.